When you have too much time on your hands.

For images of members equipment (no way to describe it without double entendres!)

When you have too much time on your hands.

Postby rwillits » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:26 pm

I finally got my Samyang 135mm to focus with the OAG and filter drawer. I found a guide camera for the OAG that I was able to get it's backfocus short enough to work. I made a couple of adapters and mounted the Starlight Xpress stepper focus motor, it works nicely (no room to spare). The Vixen shoe is for a guide scope, incase I couldn't get the OAG to focus (it focuses). The laser finder is in that shoe, it serves no real purpose, but looks cool for the photo-op. :)

It is mounted on a dovetail plate, but also has in the dovetail plate two 1/4"-20 camera threads for a camera mount or tracker.

My back is on the mend and I may be able to get a mount outside in a month, or so. Than a clear night would also help.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

rwillits
Black Dwarf

Return to MEMBERS EQUIPMENT GALLERY