Totality from Grand Teton US

Post your solar imaging discussions and pics here.

*** WARNING ***

Do not EVER look directly at the Sun through a telescope or in any other way, unless you have the proper filters and have been educated in their proper use. This can cause INSTANT eye damage, and remember, you only get ONE pair of eyes!

Totality from Grand Teton US

Postby avdhoeven » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Well, the eclipse is already almost a week ago and I had the time to start processing the data. Somehow I succeeded in getting exactly the image as I wanted it. I'm really happy with this result...

This image shows the totality phase from start to end, about 2 minutes 16s caught in one image. The images were taken with a Nikon D810a with a Nikon 300mm f/4 lens and a Nikon D5100 with a Nikon 70-200 f/4 lens on a Skywatcher Star Adventure mount. 

The central image is a HDR composition consisting of 8 images taken during totality.

Totality Eclipse 2017 Grand Teton by Andre van der Hoeven, on Flickr

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

avdhoeven
Nebula

Return to IMAGING: SOLAR