Phase diagram for EG Cep taken on 4 nights

For comet, asteroids, double stars etc

Phase diagram for EG Cep taken on 4 nights

Postby Dave Smith » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Following on from my recent first attempt at variable star observing with a CCD camera http://www.astronomyshed.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=28796

I have continued taking measurements of this star and here is the resulting phase diagram. As I do not yet possess a V filter I used a green one instead, on the theory that it would be the closest approximation. The BAA have now advised me that I should now get a V filter.

The time period of this system is near 13 hours so was unable on any occasion to see the full cycle. I was using the plate solving in SGPro to get the star in the middle of my FOV and did a 25 sec exposure every five minutes when the sky was clear. The scope used was my Megrez 90 with 0.8x FF/FR and an Atik 460EX camera.

I found this quite exciting and intend to try some of the other stars in the beginners list.

Dave

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Dave Smith
Black Dwarf

Return to OBSERVING AND IMAGING OTHER