Comet 41P/Tuttle–Giacobini–Kresák from UK

For comet, asteroids, double stars etc

Comet 41P/Tuttle–Giacobini–Kresák from UK

Postby Chameleon05 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi folks,

Has anyone managed to see or image Comet 41P/Tuttle–Giacobini–Kresák which is approaching Ursa Major over the next week or so?
I live in Moray in the north east of Scotland.

Here is a link to some info on it https://astronomynow.com/2017/03/17/dont-miss-brightening-comet-41p-riding-high-in-ursa-major-during-march/

I have tried viewing it through binoculars and also tried a few shots at 30 secs with 10mm lens on my Canon 70D last night but not really had a lot of joy, unless I have imaged it but can't pick it out of the other stars in the frames!

I am reasonably new to astrophotography and haven't put any pics up here as yet. I can do if need be though and if it's allowed or do I need to get a Photobucket account set up first?

Mick

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Chameleon05
Nebula

Re: Comet 41P/Tuttle–Giacobini–Kresák from UK

Postby Highlander+ » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Highlander+
Protostar

Re: Comet 41P/Tuttle–Giacobini–Kresák from UK

Postby carastro » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 pm

carastro
Black Dwarf

Return to OBSERVING AND IMAGING OTHER