Skywatcher star adventurer laser finder

For images of members equipment (no way to describe it without double entendres!)

Re: Skywatcher star adventurer laser finder

Postby bengourben » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:12 am

rwillits wrote:I found an adapter for my camera that operates on 12 volts. It came with a cigarette lighter end, which I cut off and replaced with a 5.5mmx2.1mm 12v female plug. I use sealed acid-lead rechargeable utility batteries that are used in children's toys, with a lead and a 5.5mm x 2.1mm male end. This is portable and will run my camera for days. These batteries with the same lead will also run my USB hub, my camera, and my mount. With a similar 12 volt adapter, I can also power my lapy (12v to Dell). I hope that this can help.
That's very interesting, Richard.
I've been looking for an alternative solution to powering my camera without mains supply.
Could you post a picture of your set-up? Is it a large battery?
Cheers.

Jason

Skywatcher 200p
Heq 5
Modified Canon 1000d
Qhy5ii mono,Finderguider

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

bengourben
Main Sequence

Previous

Return to MEMBERS EQUIPMENT GALLERY