My modded EQ6

For images of members equipment (no way to describe it without double entendres!)

My modded EQ6

Postby yorkman » Sun May 28, 2017 1:15 am

Nothing to do the last few weeks, I decided to give my mount a bit of a make-over.

All is wireless and as far as possible, homemade.
Bluetooth for the BT EQdir,
2.4GHz radio for the wirelessly controlled focusers
And Wi-Fi for the use of Skysafari.

The sensors measure the ambient temperature, the temperature of the correctorplate, air pressure and humidity.
If the both temperatures differ more than 1 degree C. The dewheater kicks in.

All data is not only shown at the display, but is also transmitted to my computer and an online database for analysis.

Also replaced the powerjack with an aviation plug and the wobbly switch with a better to control one.

inside all power is regulated by step up/step down modules, so the power provided to the mount will be the same all the time.

The latching DEc, Ra, and other handles are printed in glow-in-the-dark filament, which helps a lot with setting up.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

yorkman
Lurker

Re: My modded EQ6

Postby jjb2011 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:40 am

jjb2011
Black Dwarf

Re: My modded EQ6

Postby yorkman » Sun May 28, 2017 6:59 pm

yorkman
Lurker

Return to MEMBERS EQUIPMENT GALLERY