Twin Scopes Take 2

For images of members equipment (no way to describe it without double entendres!)

Twin Scopes Take 2

Postby wolfman_55 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:09 am

Hi All,

Not posted anything for some time. Light nights, holidays, QHY8L broken, pondering what changes need to be made for the new season of astrophotography......etc.

So my QHY8L died and although I stripped it down, there was nothing obviously wrong - I suspected the dodgey DIN connector, but it wasn't that. So off it went, via Bern at Modern Astronomy to China to be repaired. It's been fixed I understand and should be back soon.

I was hoping to have more time/success with my twin scope set up, so I've been making some improvements. I've added a 4 port USB 3 hub and cable to replace 4 separate USB 2 cables. The theory being USB 3 cables should be better quality. First impressions look good, but time will tell.

Also purchased a new camera, a second hand Atik 383L+ as this will match the sensor in the Moravian G2-8200, which the QHY8L didn't when I used that. That should simplify the processing of the images and hopefully give a better result. To this I've added a ZWO mini EFW.

The set up will be:

Moravian - LRGB filters

Atik - L, Ha, Hb Oiii, Sii filters

This should allow me to maximise my imaging time.

Might swap the filters around a bit, might make sense to split up the RGB to allow LRGB imaging only to be set up.

Here's the new set up:

Looking forward to some clear skies.

Dave

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

wolfman_55
Red Giant

Re: Twin Scopes Take 2

Postby galileo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:50 pm

galileo
Black Dwarf

Postby carastro » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:06 pm

carastro
Black Dwarf

Postby Dark knights » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:03 pm