My 2.2 m sq. DIY Dome Observatory

For images of members equipment (no way to describe it without double entendres!)

My 2.2 m sq. DIY Dome Observatory

Postby mfalzon » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi guys!

I thought I'd pass on this link to a blog I am constructing. I intend to detail and illustrate all the steps involved in the construction of a 2.2m square dome observatory from its conception to it's complete outfitting. I am an amateur astronomer and most of the stuff I used in the making of the dome, apart from the actual construction materials was from recycled stuff and bits and pieces I managed to scrounge. A lot of the outfitting electronics and gadgetry came from cheap Asian sources and the circuitry and software was again partly home grown or borrowed from other sources.

Time, patience and a generous helping of youtube videos and forums like this one are a must if one gets stuck but thankfully one will always find the answers if one digs deep enough.

Anyways ..here it is for any of you who want to browse..The blog should grow steadily as I add more and more information and pics and of course anyone interested is welcome to drop me a line. There is a lot of ground to cover and so it might take me a while to finish uploading it all ..but after all...hey ...it took me a year and a half to finish!

Welcome to The Raven and the Owl Observatory ... a home-made little portal to the stars...smile.gif

http://ravenandowl.mfalzon.co.uk

Dark skies

Maurice

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

mfalzon
Nebula

Re: My 2.2 m sq. DIY Dome Observatory

Postby martin_h » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:17 pm

martin_h
Black Dwarf

Postby DeadMan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:41 pm

DeadMan
Protostar

Postby mfalzon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 pm