My New Scope

For images of members equipment (no way to describe it without double entendres!)

Re: My New Scope

Postby peter shah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:38 pm

swag72 wrote:It looks great Peter.... I was a huge fan of the ODK but sadly didn't suit me for two reasons, the major being the open tube design as I have zero ability to be able to clean the mirrors and they were starting to look dirty..... can you make a closed version? :lol:
Sara you're a fractor girl through and through ;) and why not those Taks are stunning :thumbsup:
This will come with a scope coat cover ....and cleaning, well its like any other scope, optics get dirty. So I have been going through a work flow that will allow the user to strip down the scope for any maintenance.
We know that every telescope has issues when setting them up ,collimation and all that jazz, some more than others. This type of scope (this also applies to RC and other scopes) is very sensitive to optical spacing. Every set of optics are unique having their own figures and variations in focal lengths etc....This makes them quite tricky to get right and is why some people have problems after collimating, upsetting those distances. Its very easy to do....I've done it.
I have an optical bench that allows me to align each one perfectly getting the optical spacing perfect. This scope will be supplied with their own unique set of precise measurements. This will allow easy strip down and reassembly for maintenance, without having to send it back for setting up. As long as the user sticks to the measurements. Then it will then only be a matter of collimating the secondary which can be done on a star without any collimation tools.
My aim is to take away any anxiety and pain of doing any maintenance yourself.......I've spent countless hours of frustration over the years setting up different telescopes instead of using the time to take images....... :thumbsup:
There are still a lot of things that Im trying to figure out to make using a scope like this easier.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

peter shah
Red Giant

Postby peter shah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:44 pm

peter shah
Red Giant

Postby martin_h » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:37 pm

martin_h
Black Dwarf

Postby swag72 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:03 pm