Polar align HEQ5 without north view

For images of members equipment (no way to describe it without double entendres!)

Polar align HEQ5 without north view

Postby Forzaphil » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:11 pm

I've set up a permanent pier for my HEQ5 mount in my observatory. While I have a good view east and south, I don't have a north view, which prevents me following the typical polar alignment process in the HEQ5's Synscan. I can drift align the mount to reduce the amount of error to a minimum, but my question is how to set up the HEQ5 Synscan so it believes its properly aligned? After doing it the first time I can leave it in the Park position.

I used to own a Meade LX200 and as I recall, with that mount as long as you had site and date details correctly entered you could choose a named object, slew the scope to it and press and hold the enter button and the mount would sync.

Is there a similar quick function in the synscan? I haven't found one if there is.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Forzaphil
Lurker

Re: Polar align HEQ5 without north view

Postby StevieDvd » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 pm

StevieDvd
Main Sequence

Postby galileo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:01 pm

galileo
Black Dwarf

Postby Forzaphil » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:14 am