oacapture 1.3.0 released

For Followers Of The Penguin

oacapture 1.3.0 released

Postby JamesF » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Just in time for Christmas...

Major changes for this release:

• The latest ZWO SDK for ASI cameras and updates so the application has more knowledge of their newer cameras
  • Support for the QHY IMG132E
  • Improved handling for the QHY5-II and QHY5L-II
  • Support for turning camera controls on and off where the camera provides such functionality (mostly Point Grey GigE and IIDC models)

There are also numerous other small bugfixes and improvements.

Support for the IMG132E is a bit "experimental". I mostly did it just to prove to myself that I could. Generally it seems to work, but there may be a problem here and there still to be found.

Users of Touptek, Altair and (USB only, I think) Mallincam cameras that are recognised by the Linux software provided by the vendors should now find that oacapture also supports the same cameras if the vendor's software is installed in the default location. In Altair's case I'd recommend using the most recent beta version of their software. For Touptek I'm not sure there's real news there as I've had many of their cameras working for a while, but I believe it should be quite a step forward for Altair cameras. I'm still trying to find a way to do this on MacOS that won't spook the horses.

Downloads of DMG files for MacOS and .deb/.rpm packages for Linux from the downloads page and sources are available from github.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

JamesF
Nebula

Return to LINUX SOFTWARE