New from the NW Territories, Canada

Tell us a little about yourself.

New from the NW Territories, Canada

Postby NWT Ron » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:36 pm

My name is Ron, and i wouldn't say that I'm much of a an astronomer. A few years from retirement I've been poking away at astronomy purely recreationally for a few years. There are many places better suited for backyard astronomy than here, but there are a couple of months when the night sky is dark enough and the weather warm enough to do a little star gazing.

This is the only astronomy forum I'm on, I was looking for a place to ask some questions about non-linear meteors. When I saw that this group mentioned DIY astronomy I thought it a better fit for me, most of my gear is low value, home built, or improvised.

This week I received back my photos from the processing lab (I shoot on film, no digital camera here), and at first was disappointed that I hadn't caught on film any of the brighter meteors that I saw. A closer look, and comparing frames, I noticed very small features on individual frames that peaked my interest. At least one may be a non-linear sinusoidal meteor, I'd like to have someone else look at the digitized negative and comment.

Ron

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

NWT Ron
Nebula

Re: New from the NW Territories, Canada

Postby thymelord » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:08 am

thymelord
Black Dwarf

Postby carastro » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:32 am

carastro
Black Dwarf

Postby NWT Ron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:21 pm