An hour with my 20x80 bins

For those who observe with two eyes.

An hour with my 20x80 bins

Postby craig a » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:27 am

A clear patch tonight so instead of doing my normal imaging i broke out the bins, i dont really do much observing but tonight amazed me! I started with auriga and its star clusters m36,37&38 three beautys through the bins stars resolved on them all wow.then m45 always a treat whatever seen through so i went for some galaxys, hunted high and low for m81&m82 but i found them, first time i seen them in bins couldnt believe my eyes the shapes were there a faint spiral and a cigar made up with that.so orion was calling as it was getting lower in the sky so m42 it was, that was fantastic to see i got a hint of colour greenish to my eyes.so i finished off with the planet jupiter i got its two belts and all its moons were in a line to the right of the disc so bright as it was overhead.so all in all i had a cracking hour with them m81&82 blew me away as i never thought i would see them through bins. Conclusion is i will be looking through these as the telescope and camera catch the photons my bins and eyes with catch the rest :thumbsup:

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

craig a
Black Dwarf

Re: An hour with my 20x80 bins

Postby jjb2011 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:44 pm

jjb2011
Black Dwarf

Return to OBSERVATION: BINOCULARS