instant dew control for difficult places

Just those little hints and tips that make things easier.

instant dew control for difficult places

Postby galileo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:41 am

Now I have a Newtonian to play with I have been concerned with dew control particularly for the secondary and even the interior face of the coma corrector.

I have used my existing refractor dew bands to put around the tube to protect the primary and thought these foot warmers were a great solution to protect the secondary and focus tube/coma corrector

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Hands-Ha ... 2749.l2648

The advantage of these is that because they are foot warmers they have a sticky side so you can adhere them to the back of the secondary as fixing normal hand warmers in position can be a bit problematic. They are supposed to last 8 hours so will protect even through a long imaging session.

As I have a box full I'm happy to give anyone a pair that wants to try it out before buying, just pm me :thumbsup:

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

galileo
Black Dwarf

Return to HINTS & TIPS