Newbie looking for early hints and tips

Just those little hints and tips that make things easier.

Newbie looking for early hints and tips

Postby Peter 12345 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Hello everyone, brand new to astronomy and joined a couple of days ago. Waiting arrival of my grandson's (our) Bresser Skylux 70/700 telescope. It comes with 20mm and 4mm eyepieces as standard and I've ordered an Orbinar Plossl 10mm to compliment them. I'm working through the tutorials and have noted the latitude of our town to help set up. Bearing in mind I'm starting from ZERO knowledge, I wondered if anyone might give me tips on first accessories. For example, is a moon filter going to improve our viewing and if so, can you recommend a reasonable one ? The Bresser comes with a sun filter and I'd like to know if this is exactly what it says ? i.e. Once fitted can we aim directly at the Sun ? Love my grandson dearly and the last thing I want to do is blind either one of us ! In the mean time I'm working through the tutorials. Thanks, Peter.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Peter 12345
Nebula

Re: Newbie looking for early hints and tips

Postby paraman » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:33 pm

paraman
Global Moderator

Return to HINTS & TIPS