Alternative to flocking material

Just those little hints and tips that make things easier.

Alternative to flocking material

Postby craig a » Thu May 10, 2018 5:35 pm

I’ve just become a proud owner of a spanking new Skywatcher 130pds after seeing the massive thread on SGL and the results people are having and it’s wider fov and how lightweight they are compared to my 10 inch Quattro. So it’s now all in bits to darken the inside of the tube, I didn’t fancy trying to flock it with that self adhesive material on a small tube, it was bad enough doing the big Newtonian! So after searching the web for a suitable paint I’ve found a ultra Matt super black accrillic black pigment paint (no black dye) and boy oh boy is it correct in its claims! It’s great stuff and being accrillic it’s water resistant when it’s dry so dew shouldn’t be a problem, it’s called “ Stuart Semple BLACK 2.0” cost about 12 quid for 150ml give it 2 coats jobs a guddun oh and it gets darker over a couple of days even after it’s dried

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

craig a
Black Dwarf

Re: Alternative to flocking material

Postby Dark knights » Fri May 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Dark knights
Red Giant

Postby carastro » Sat May 12, 2018 8:02 am

carastro
Black Dwarf

Postby craig a » Sat May 12, 2018 9:46 am