Advanced Newtonian Collimation Idea

For the discussion of posted tutorials so as not to break up the threads. Just start a thread here with the same name as the tutorial.

TUTORIAL DISCUSSION

Why a tutorial discussion section? Well, if a person is posting a tutorial thread in segments, the tendency is for people to post questions in-between. This causes the tutorial to become convoluted.

So, if you post a tutorial, especially if you intend it to be several messages long (ie, in steps) please also post a thread here with" <name of tutorial> discussion" as the subject.

Thanks

Re: Advanced Newtonian Collimation Idea

Postby MattW » Mon May 11, 2015 4:40 am

Hi Dion.

Love the video, and what a great idea!

Just a few questions. I've carried out the mod of the Lifecam Cinema as best I can, given the instructions I have read are for modding the camera to be an astro cam, not a video cam with the lens retained etc

My first question is this: how can I be certain, when I put the camera back in the casing and restore it to as best its original state as I can, that the lens and chip alignment is square within the camera and therefore square in the adaptor looking down the eyepiece tube at the secondary mirror?

Also, how do you make the video zoom in and out like that in the video when you are lining up the centre of mire de collimation with the crosshairs in SharpCap?

I also notice that when you zoom in, the graphics seems to 'lay down' or tilt a little, to make lining up more simple. How do you do that, too?

Many thanks, andd keep up the great work on the site?

Matt

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

MattW
Protostar

Postby Dion » Mon May 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Dion
Site Admin

Postby astrotise » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:47 pm

astrotise
Nebula

Postby Dion » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:23 pm