Inside PixInsight - Warren Keller

The place for book recommends, reviews & suggestions.

Inside PixInsight - Warren Keller

Postby Aussiedave » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:52 pm

This arrived in the post on Monday and I have spent the last couple of days working my way through it as I worked on an image.

Its published as part of the Patrick Moore series by Springer, paper back and around 380 pages. I have worked my way through most of the standard PI stuff in the book and I have to say I thought the structure of this is very good.

Its focus is on using the processes and scripts delivered as part of a workflow style with clear screenshots and it is interspersed with navigation tips and tricks, quite a few of which were new to me. It wont provide you with a detailed technical explanation of each one but it does you a good grounding on why you should use the processes, which sliders you should tinker with and why which is really helpful.

Its appears to be aimed at beginners and intermediate users and it finds the spot. It has specific example workflows for One Shot imagers and also Mono and RGB.

I have worked with some of Warrens Videos on his AP4AP site which are ok but if you learn well from books this is really well done.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Aussiedave
Black Dwarf

Re: Inside PixInsight - Warren Keller

Postby GanymedRN » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:38 pm

GanymedRN
Red Giant

Return to THE LIBRARY