CHOOSING AND USING A NEW CAT - BY ROD MOLLISE

The place for book recommends, reviews & suggestions.

CHOOSING AND USING A NEW CAT - BY ROD MOLLISE

Postby BLACKDRAGON » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 pm

Although I am basically a Newtonian fan, and have 3 in my collection, I have an "itch" to get a SCT scope to see how good they are and how they compare to the Newtonians. So I bought Rod Mollise's book on "Choosing and using a new CAT" which I thought might help me to decide whether or not to buy a new CAT. I have Rod's "Urban Astronomers Guide" which I found very informative and relaxed in the style of writing which is my kind of reading. His book on CATs is in the same relaxed, easy to read style and again is very comprehensive and informative and covers all the areas you need to understand how to use a CAT to it's full potential. It's the kind of book that you would pick up time and again just to refresh your memory and understanding on the dark cloudy nights to help dispel the gloom. For me it's a great book and one I would recommend to anyone starting on CATs.....and I'll be buying a CAT in the next couple of months!!

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

BLACKDRAGON
Red Giant

Return to THE LIBRARY