Nube needs help

Need to know about how to work that new mount or scope? Got tips on how to make it easier?

Nube needs help

Postby medium_sized_Al » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Greetings shed dwellers. I think hints & tips is where need to be but feel free to direct me elsewhere if appropriate.
I have a particular problem and I'm hoping I'm not the first and that there is a fix out there waiting to be discovered. I've acquired an Orion Starshoot Autoguider but cannot get my laptop to "see" it. I've been on to Orion and they're not too much help but I have followed their advice and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and PHD software (many times). The really odd part is that I tried loading the drivers and PHD on to my desktop computer (windows 7) and "presto", shiny red LED on camera, PHD finds and connects and blurry grey image which changes intensity with light appears on screen. This I think means all the bits are working. However when trying to get laptop (windows8.1) to do the job I get no LED and PHD says "no camera found". The drivers do appear in the list of devices on the laptop and they are definitely in the same "Orion" folder as they are on the desktop. My IT skills are limited but I'm fairly good with a hammer, that option is starting to look really tempting about now.

So here's your chance to save a life (that of my laptop to be clear). Anyone seen this before? What am I missing? How do I sort it out?

All advice gratefully received

Thanks in advance
Al :rage:

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

medium_sized_Al
Nebula

Re: Nube needs help

Postby Arzachel » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Arzachel
Nebula

Postby medium_sized_Al » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:20 pm

medium_sized_Al
Nebula

Postby medium_sized_Al » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:18 pm