mucky lens

Need to know about how to work that new mount or scope? Got tips on how to make it easier?

Triplet or Doublet?

Postby Gazastro19 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:15 am

Well David, you've shown me up for the charlatan I am. Curious about your question regarding the nature of my ED 80, I went home and opened the case I keep it in. On looking at the scope it's clear that the lenses are fluorite and that it is an ED 80s but not a triplet. Fortunately I still have the original brochure and this confirms that you are absolutely correct, it is a doublet. Where I got the notion it was a triplet heaven only knows, perhaps my belief in Hubble's Law is now influencing the number of lenses I think my scopes have. At least I didn't suggest that my Ascension was a quad.
On that note I'm going to sail away on that great ship known as HMS Bovine Defecator!

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Gazastro19
Nebula

Re: Triplet or Doublet?

Postby paraman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:06 pm

paraman
Global Moderator

Re: mucky lens

Postby Demon » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:25 am

Demon
Nebula

Re: mucky lens

Postby Gazastro19 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am