Tracker recomendations please

Need to know about how to work that new mount or scope? Got tips on how to make it easier?

Tracker recomendations please

Postby Synchronicity » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi all

As I posted in the Intro area, I’ve bought a set of Canon 15x50 IS binoculars which I’m loving and having a great time learning about what I can see courtesy of Stellarium.

I’ve been reading up as much as I can here and elsewhere to try to get my head around where to start with photography and I’m looking for some advice.
I really don’t know where my interests will take me so rather than spend thousands on equipment I might never learn to use I’ve decided to start taking photos with my Canon SX 1 IS and learning the basic that way. It’s got a decent enough zoom for picking up a variety of targets and I can use CHDK to get it to take RAW images – and learn about stacking and processing with these.

My experimentation has led me to realise that I need a tracker when using the zoom so I’m looking for recommendations. It should be sturdy enough to take a larger DSLR with a decent size lens should I go down that path, but not so high spec that I’ll never need to upgrade. Budget is up to £250 ish…

Any assistance will be much appreciated

Michael

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Synchronicity
Nebula

Re: Tracker recomendations please

Postby rwillits » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:46 pm

rwillits
Black Dwarf

Postby galileo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:15 pm

galileo
Black Dwarf

Postby Gfamily » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:57 am