Children's Telescope

Found a new piece of kit, want to tell the world how good/bad it is? This is the place.

Children's Telescope

Postby eduk » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Apologies for this, no doubt, very common question.

I'm looking to buy a telescope for my son. He's 9. I know nothing about astronomy and less about telescopes and, realistically, who knows if my son will be dragged away from Roblox long enough to actually enjoy using a telescope. Having said that it is a hobby I'm keen to encourage and he asked.

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to offer me real world shopping advice for a first time telescope. Ideally I'm looking for something under £100 or close to bearing in mind I'm not that confident it will see a great deal of use. Happy to waste some amount of money to find out but nothing excessive.

I know at this price point there is a lot of cheap junk on Amazon and, for me, it's simply impossible to sort through all the lens types, tripod types, apertures, manufacturers, prices, fake reviews (everywhere), and dial down to anything I have confidence in. I guess it's an assumption on my part that a half decent telescope can be bought for under a £100.

Thank you for your time

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

eduk
Lurker

Return to RECOMMENDS & REVIEWS