Astro jacket 12 month review

Found a new piece of kit, want to tell the world how good/bad it is? This is the place.

Astro jacket 12 month review

Postby craig a » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:07 am

Well it’s pretty much been a year since I bought this cover for my setup so I can leave my gear setup outside in the back garden minus the main imaging camera, and have to say it’s performed brilliantly I highly recommended it for those who like me got fed up of lugging the gear outside and back in again, it’s still keeping rain off the sun has bleached the material abit but apart from that it’s still going strong! I might treat it with some ni trex breathable waterproofing before autumn sets in just to be on the safe side I do get abit of condensation inside from time to time but taking the cover off on a nice day every now and then to let it dry out it’s fine, there’s no mould or anything the mirrors are still like the day I first covered it up outside, all in all very happy I really do think this is a great bit of kit and I don’t know why in 10 years of lugging it out I didn’t do this before I’m up and running in 10 mins now instead of nearly an hour by the time I’ve waited for the mirrors to cool down. Anybody thinking of doing this just do it!

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

craig a
Black Dwarf

Re: Astro jacket 12 month review

Postby carastro » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:38 pm

carastro
Black Dwarf

Postby bengourben » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:58 pm

bengourben
Red Giant

Postby craig a » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:45 am