Astro jackets

Found a new piece of kit, want to tell the world how good/bad it is? This is the place.

Astro jackets

Postby craig a » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:31 pm

So I was fed up lugging the gear out every session I thought sod it im getting a cover and it’s getting left outside, I bought a cover called Astro jacket it’s fully waterproof but more importantly it’s breathable which is important as it stops damp hanging around and causing problems, the material is top notch it’s not a thick heavy material but more like the material found on expensive outdoor jackets, it’s been outside for a couple of weeks now and I didn’t get a real test till Friday where we had some very heavy showers and sat at work I had my fingers crossed, I got home took the cover off and it was bone dry under there :happydance2: , the water just beads up and runs off a treat, then Sunday came and we had rain all day checked it yesterday still nice and dry.i put some silica gel beads in a pair of the other half’s tights and pegged it to the spider inside the scope tube just in case. The guide cam and ST cable is left on the guidescope but the main cam is left indoors, apparently it can be left like this for many months with a airing every now and then with the cover off. I’m really pleased with its performance and will be glad not to drag it outside every clear night. If anybody is thinking of doing this check out Astro jackets :thumbsup:

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

craig a
Black Dwarf

Re: Astro jackets

Postby galileo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:42 pm

galileo
Black Dwarf

Return to RECOMMENDS & REVIEWS