David Hinds UK Celestron Importer and Dealer

Found a new piece of kit, want to tell the world how good/bad it is? This is the place.

Re: David Hinds UK Celestron Importer and Dealer

Postby Tribal-Wolf » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Just read this and can't believe (well can unfortunately) the way it's been mental torture for an item you would think easy to source.

I am always a little unsure about buying from the US but on the few times I have it's been very smooth. I once bought a part for my bike second hand off eBay, it was a thing called a Madstad bracket for a screen. Anyway when I fitted it I notice due to a slight manufacturing fault the screen was not straight. I took a photo and emailed the company who make then in the US purely to point the issue out so they were aware of it. I received an email the next asking for may address and if I would send them the part in question if they sent me a paid postage bag. I agreed but explained I bought the part was bought cheap on eBay to which they replied 'that's fine we are sending you a new one out', I then received anther email saying it had been dispatched and not to bother sending the old one back and just keep it for spares or sell it on. I received a brand new one in the post quite soon after with a letter thanking me for bring the issue to their attention.

Now that's customer service so why can't a multi million dollar company work this way.

I was considering a new celestron scope but this has seriously made me think not.

One thing though I have a niece who lives in Louisiana and I'm sure she would help out if any small parts were needed if she could and her mum visits her over there sometimes so might be another way to get stuff lol.

Sent using iPad.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Tribal-Wolf
Main Sequence

Postby Gedan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Gedan
Black Dwarf

Postby galileo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:43 pm

galileo
Black Dwarf

Postby carastro » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:16 pm