First Solar Observation

For those who can't decide if there's not enough day, or not enough night!

*** WARNING ***

Do not EVER look directly at the Sun through a telescope or in any other way, unless you have the proper filters and have been educated in their proper use. This can cause INSTANT eye damage, and remember, you only get ONE pair of eyes!

First Solar Observation

Postby PlaneSkies » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:10 pm

First viewing with the PST was outside the telescope shop at 3.00pm today and then in a garden (not mine!) within half an hour for a proper sit down with the scope, a beer and a towel over my head :)) Amazing views of proms, dark filaments, lighter bits of activity and sun spots and granulation- and saw more the longer I viewed. Had a play with the focuser and tuner for surface detail verses proms and nice and easy to use - which is a definite plus for me. Other family members well impressed with the views too - will try a bit of imaging at some point on the HEQ5, but no rush, as the blurb in the box said it can take a few months to really get the eyes trained for max detail.
Piccy of scope straight out the box onto my camera tripod below.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

PlaneSkies
Main Sequence

Re: First Solar Observation

Postby Richard » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Richard
Black Dwarf

Return to OBSERVATION: SOLAR