using a scope for solar

For those who can't decide if there's not enough day, or not enough night!

*** WARNING ***

Do not EVER look directly at the Sun through a telescope or in any other way, unless you have the proper filters and have been educated in their proper use. This can cause INSTANT eye damage, and remember, you only get ONE pair of eyes!

using a scope for solar

Postby Taz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Hello everyone
I was told this would be the best place to ask this question. Iam vertically a beginner when it comes to astronomy. I have 3 scopes all celestron. I have the powerseeker EQ114 on a standard EQ mount, a astromaster EQ130 on a goto mount and a Az70 refractor on a standard mount. I really want to start to do a bit of solar stuff as well. Could anyone advise me if any of my scopes would be good enough for this with a decent solar filter

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Taz
Nebula

Re: using a scope for solar

Postby Dave Smith » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Dave Smith
Black Dwarf

Postby Taz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Taz
Nebula

Postby Taz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:14 pm