Eskimo Planetary Nebular with new mount

For all your posts about observing stars and fuzzy bits!

Eskimo Planetary Nebular with new mount

Postby RussDavies » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:39 pm

I purchased a second hand Celestron CGEM DX mount last October, due to poor weather and some false starts( getting to know) with polar alignment, last night was the first night under a clear sky. Once polar alignment using the polar scope and all star align routine successfully completed I selected the Eskimo nebular and off the mount went to find it. It stopped and the nebular was within the central 50% fov. I switched to my 11mm Televue Delite and 2.5x powermate at 160x magnification there was a central bright core with a surrounding halo. After several frustrating years using a wobbly non driven mount, it was such a change to slew to a target and track it. Can’t wait for the next clear night.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

RussDavies
Nebula

Re: Eskimo Planetary Nebular with new mount

Postby galileo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:19 pm

galileo
Black Dwarf

Re: Eskimo Planetary Nebular with new mount

Postby AstroChris » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:02 pm

AstroChris
Planetary Nebula

Return to OBSERVATION: DEEP SPACE