Jupiter my first attempt

Discussion on planetary observations

Jupiter my first attempt

Postby dybaxter » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Beautiful night last night 03-09/2016 until about 02:30 when clouds started to form. Finally a night above freezing here in Ohio.
I decided to get a photo of Jupiter and 4 of its moons. However the photo seems to be a bit out of focus. Any help in focusing would be greatly appreciated.
I took the photo with a RC/6 scope with a 2 inch 2x Orion Barlow attached with my Nikon 750 seeming to hang on for dear life.
Exposure 1/30 sec ISO 1000. Bit brighter than I first thought so found this exposure showed the detail best. Not sure if its just focus or my exposure being off or my alignment. When viewing through my eyepiece (2 inch 32mm wide field) seems much clearer.
Thanks in advance. Not a bad first try. Actually it is my first time seeing the planet this close up first hand. Loved it.

Dave.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

dybaxter
Protostar

Re: Jupiter my first attempt

Postby patthehorse » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:06 am

patthehorse
Black Dwarf

Re: Jupiter my first attempt

Postby dybaxter » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:32 am

dybaxter
Protostar

Return to OBSERVATION: PLANETARY