CCD affect on image magnification

Got a problem? Need Some help? We don't have the A Team but our users will try!

CCD affect on image magnification

Postby galaxian » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi folks, 1st post from a novice so please be gentle ;)
Got my skywatcher 150P with EQ3-2 goto in October and have been learning the ropes ever since but I’m confused about the astro photography side.
I have already successfully taken photos of the moon via prime focus and my DSLR, no problems so now I want to use a CCD such as the ZWO ASI120MC. Now, I’m pretty sure it’ll attach to my baader hyperion 5mm lens but nowhere can I find what the CCD will see in terms of magnification. So, will it see exactly what the 5mm lens sees OR will it magnify/reduce the image, that’s my question.
Also, for prime focus, again will it magnify/reduce the image.
I’ve already seen a few videos by Dion, which are most informative, but the understanding of my query above has so far eluded me.

Regards,
Tim

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

galaxian
Nebula

Re: CCD affect on image magnification

Postby carastro » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Last edited by carastro on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carastro
Black Dwarf

Re: CCD affect on image magnification

Postby galaxian » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:18 pm

galaxian
Nebula

Return to IMAGING: HELP