Sony A7r issue T mount

Got a problem? Need Some help? We don't have the A Team but our users will try!

Sony A7r issue T mount

Postby diripio » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my scope to a SW Quattro 8cf. I have also purchased SW f4 aplanatic coma corrector.
My camera is a Sony A7r, full frame, 32mp with an E mount (aka nex mount)

The CC requires an m48 ring adapter. It also needs to be 55mm from the imaging sensor.

I am struggling to find an m48 adapter for an E (nex) mount. SW seem to sell one but
a. Website doesn't say if it's A or E mount (crucial info)
b. No shipping to UK. this was USA,Canada and Germany's website.

Obviously the need of the CC to be 55mm from the sensor negates the use of an m48-m42 step down.

I've had the camera for awhile now as I'm also a keen amateur photographer but would like to use it for astronomy purpose's if I can, also I can't really afford to get a new camera just now.
Would it be possible to get something like this made or has anyone else had the same problem and has a solution.

Any help is appreciated as I am at witts end.
Thanks

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

diripio
Lurker

Re: Sony A7r issue T mount

Postby craig a » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:57 pm

craig a
Black Dwarf

Re: Sony A7r issue T mount

Postby diripio » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:28 pm

diripio
Lurker

Return to IMAGING: HELP