Useless data?

Got a problem? Need Some help? We don't have the A Team but our users will try!

Useless data?

Postby Trollsvans » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:55 pm

Got the first gap in the clouds for nigh on three months, decided to do a wide field of Orion and friends.
Unfortunately, I have a row of street lights (sodium) in the line of fire, so half of the data is obviously crap, but some of the subs do look salvageable.
Stacking in DSS (mosaic, median, and a handful of darks) give me something that looks as if it's sketched with pastels, and severely onion-ringed, centered on the lower right corner (in which direction the most harmful street lights lie).

Can it be saved by other stacking parameters, or should I just sh*tcan all of it and wait for next season?

This ought to lead to a folder containing the stack (TIFF), an 80 second sub (both jpg and CR2) and a cutout of The Horsehead Nebula in all its glory.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hxm7myozqxjz ... Q0wha?dl=0

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Trollsvans
Protostar

Return to IMAGING: HELP