a faint ic63

For discussions and posting of your deep space pics.

a faint ic63

Postby craig a » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 pm

hi all only one hour of data on this, I was really just testing some new 10m usb repeater cables out and they seem to be working just fine.had an hour window to grab what I could so its abit quick n dirty. it is faint but its there......just! also first time using a bad pixel map using just 1 dark and to be honest I think they work better than shooting a load of darks. plus following some information on suggested iso from sensorgen my cam works best at swamping downstream read noise at iso1600 and I tend to agree, I had less noise than iso 800 with the same sub length. it was heavily dithered also but I was very impressed with iso1600 with dithering noise was kept down. had some issues with flats I think they wernt bright enough so ive got to get myself an el panel for them in the future, plus I didn't collimate before I started so that's off abit aswell, anyway enough excuses :lol:
skywatcher 130pds,canon 1100d 12x300 sec dithered

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

craig a
Black Dwarf

Re: a faint ic63

Postby peter shah » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:06 am

peter shah
Planetary Nebula

Re: a faint ic63

Postby craig a » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:45 pm

craig a
Black Dwarf

Return to IMAGING: DEEP SPACE