Jupiter 07-05-2017 from Helsinki

For all your planetary imaging discussion and pics

Jupiter 07-05-2017 from Helsinki

Postby clas » Sun May 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi all,
I’ve been trying to get a decent image of Jupiter the last couples of weeks fighting clouds and a lot of technical problems. When I finally got the telescope and the finder scope aligned and the focus right using a crater on the moon and started to getting AVI-videos, I was disappointed in the low-quality rating Auto Stakker 2 gave on analyzing them. For three nights, I tried with different settings unable to improve the quality. Admittedly on the laptop screen, Jupiter was boiling in in the sky probably because it was more than 4 degrees below the horizon. A year ago Jupiter was almost 10 degrees higher. The videos where no longer than 130s to avoid the fast rotation of Jupiter blurring the image.

I used the Carbon Newtonian 305/1500mm with the ZWO ASI120MC Camera with a 3x Barlow. Processing was done with AS!2, RegiStax 6 and Photo Shop.

Cheers,

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

clas
Red Giant

Re: Jupiter 07-05-2017 from Helsinki

Postby jjb2011 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:49 pm

jjb2011
Black Dwarf

Return to IMAGING: PLANETARY