Gassendi - MoonRakered

Discussion and pics regarding lunar imaging.

Gassendi - MoonRakered

Postby jjb2011 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:17 pm

An 11 day old moon puts the crater Gassendi right on the terminator and so in a good position to get some nicely illuminated images. I set up last night with my 100mm f13 achromat from Moonraker Telescopes. The scope was set up on a manually controlled alt-az mount (skytee-2). Images were captured with DMK camera as the image rapidly move across the small sensor chip from one side to the other. With this movement I could record about 1000 frames at 60fps.

This first image was taken using a 742nm filter

This next image is taken with with ir block filter

Both images are 300/1000 frames stacked and processed in R6

Im not too sure that the 742nm filter has improved the image much. The image rotation seen between the two images is a result of the use of an alt az mount and a time difference of about 1hr between images.

JJB

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

jjb2011
Black Dwarf

Return to IMAGING: LUNAR