Moon Mosaic - problems with brightness differences

Discussion and pics regarding lunar imaging.

Moon Mosaic - problems with brightness differences

Postby AstroChris » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:03 pm

Hey folks!

Last week I took a mosaic of the moon using a 3x Barlow, a ZWO ASI120mm mini mono on my 150/750mm Newtonian.
It was bitterly cold and when i finished the session and lost two fingers to the coldness I went inside.
Next days then processing: Autostakkert and Registax. I didn't touch the settings from image to image to keep the image even and same. So the thinking.

It turned out that (even though I like the result very much) some parts of the image have brightness differences. That might be due to thin clouds or seeing our stuff. So adjusting the brightness from sub-image to sub-image is just a pain in the ***. Every time i am happy with two neighbors and then keep that brightness, three sub-images left there is a difference again. If I then align that brightness, there is a difference to the images adjusted beforehand.... And so on and so on.

The image:

Link to bigger version:
https://catchingphotons.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2019-11-10-Moon_Mosaik_extrasharp_and_bright_WEB.jpeg

Q: is there a short cut? Some trick? Anything like a brightness normalisation in Autostakkert or stuff? That would be great.
I one did a mosaic without Barlow lens and it turned out just great! The overall time of that acquisition was much shorter back then. This time it took a while so seeing/clouds had their chance.

Any suggestions are welcome :-)
Thanks and greetings
Chris

Gesendet von meinem LG-H870 mit Tapatalk

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

AstroChris
Red Giant

Re: Moon Mosaic - problems with brightness differences

Postby Bizibilder » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Bizibilder
Black Dwarf

Re: Moon Mosaic - problems with brightness differences

Postby AstroChris » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:44 pm

AstroChris
Red Giant

Return to IMAGING: LUNAR