ISS Lunar Transit 26.08.2017 at Queensland Astrofest

Discussion for all the moon watchers.

ISS Lunar Transit 26.08.2017 at Queensland Astrofest

Postby KTWalker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:04 am

On the last night of Queensland Astrofest 2017 there was an ISS Lunar Transit. I held my Panasonic Lumix compact to the 25mm eyepiece on my Skywatcher 12" collapsable truss dob to capture it A-Focally while looking up to watch the 'live' view - so it is a little bit shaky. This is the first such transit I have seen, and it was exciting. (And my camera cost me AUD 17.00 from local Charity Shop).

Link to my Google Photos album of this video clip is at [hyperlink=][/hyperlink]

One fellow made a short Astrofest Timelapse video that includes several other captures of the ISS transit. It is on You Tube at [url]]

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Re: ISS Lunar Transit 26.08.2017 at Queensland Astrofest

Postby Brutie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Red Giant