Deep Sky Stacker

The base for all our tutorials, be it how to polar align or master astro imaging

Moderators: hawk_eye1975, budgetastro, martin_h

This section is only for the posting of actual tutorials, either single post or multiple, to ask questions or comment on a tutorial, please use the TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS section where you will find a topic titled for each topic posted here, it just helps stop the topics becoming convoluted and lets the tutorials flow properly. If you post a tutorial, please also post a topic into TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS with the same title.

Deep Sky Stacker

Postby budgetastro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:24 am

Hi guys

Rather lengthy video on DSS - about 25 minutes to be precise! None of my vids are particularly short ;)

If you're looking for explanations of the various algorithms for stacking your frames (Median, Average, Kappa Sigma etc), then this isn't the place to look - I've always found trial and error works best (but that's because I don't understand the algorithms ;) )

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!