Health Issues & More

The base for all our tutorials, be it how to polar align or master astro imaging

Moderators: hawk_eye1975, budgetastro, martin_h

TUTORIALS SECTION

This section is only for the posting of actual tutorials, either single post or multiple, to ask questions or comment on a tutorial, please use the TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS section where you will find a topic titled for each topic posted here, it just helps stop the topics becoming convoluted and lets the tutorials flow properly. If you post a tutorial, please also post a topic into TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS with the same title.

Thanks.

Health Issues & More

Postby Dion » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:59 pm

Hi everyone,

As most will know I lost my astro mojo some years ago and have really only kept upkeep of the site for all the great regulars on here. So bit of an update.

A few years ago I was really ill with Pneumonia Sepsis, I got over it but it left me with various conditions which are collectively known as post sepsis syndrome. Anyway, moving on..

A few months ago, Madeleine, my wife woke up one morning and was in so much leg pain that she couldn't put her feet on the floor, various on call doctors and paramedics resulted in her being admitted to hospital and they have it down as a very bad case of what's known as reactive arthritis, 2 weeks in hospitals and a further 2 in rehab she's now home but cant walk without crutches and is on shedloads of drugs including morphine, we also have various bits of kit around the house/bathroom etc Moving on again...

About 8 weeks ago I started feeling ill, I thought I had flu as we hardly had contact with people anyway as Madeleine is one of the shielded. This went on for 8 days and when it got to the point I hadn't eaten for 4 days and was shaking like a drug addict the ambulance came out and dragged me in. Turns out I had Covid Pneumonitis, yes, that's the bad one that kills people lol. 2 weeks in hospital and for part of that an ICU nurse hovering over me, I finally escaped, that was a couple of weeks ago, I'm still struggling with breathing but all's good considering, and I'm even part of an Oxford University research program into covid.

So, the conclusion is, I'm now registered as Madeleine's carer who I forgot to mention also got admitted with a milder case of Covid and we actually ended up in different bays on the same ward!

As a result of all the above, when the domain registration runs out on the shed I won't be renewing it. It's been a long and fun journey with some great people but it's just something I can do without after all these complications. When it gets nearer the time I'll give plenty of notice.

I'll happily answer any questions people may have re covid, as we all know a lot of lies get told, I'm not going to enter into the conspiracies. But here's what I can say because I saw it.

Most people are in and out within 3 days of hospitalisation, bad cases like mine are 2/3 weeks, when I left hospital I was the longest resident on the covid ward, the previous person with a bad case left 3 days after I was admitted. There were no other bad cases admitted during my stay. When I left I was the only person in my bay of 4 beds and I recon there were maybe 6 people left on the whole ward, which ties in with news that incidences are vastly reducing. (or were at the time)

I did NOT have a cough, nor did I have the lack of taste thing.

During my stay, 3 people on the ward died, all had, as gets reported on TV, underlying conditions/old age.

It's not a nice disease to have, I even had to have an oxygen bottle with me if I went to the toilet and at one point my lungs felt the size of tea bags!

Finally a big thanks to anyone who has used the donate button at the bottom of the pages, either on the site or the youtube channel, it has seriously been appreciated and makes me feel appreciated as I did put a shedload :)) of effort into it all. So thank you.

On the plus side I'm home for my birthday on 25th April :mexwave:

P.S It's true what you heard about the covid test swabs up your nose, they're bloody awful and I think they are sampling the inside of your skull!

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Dion
Site Admin

Re: Health Issues & More

Postby julianr » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:24 pm

julianr
Black Dwarf

Postby smerral » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:47 pm

smerral
Black Dwarf

Postby galileo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:36 am

galileo
Black Dwarf

Postby Demon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:37 am

Demon
Main Sequence

Location: North Yorkshire (Bortle 4) When it's not cloudy and rainy...

Postby carastro » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:55 am

carastro
Black Dwarf

Postby mightymonoped » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:36 am

mightymonoped
Main Sequence

Postby Shand359tbe » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Shand359tbe
Main Sequence