CatchingPhotons - Basic tutorials for astronomy and astropho

The base for all our tutorials, be it how to polar align or master astro imaging

Moderators: hawk_eye1975, budgetastro, martin_h

TUTORIALS SECTION

This section is only for the posting of actual tutorials, either single post or multiple, to ask questions or comment on a tutorial, please use the TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS section where you will find a topic titled for each topic posted here, it just helps stop the topics becoming convoluted and lets the tutorials flow properly. If you post a tutorial, please also post a topic into TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS with the same title.

Thanks.

CatchingPhotons - Basic tutorials for astronomy and astropho

Postby AstroChris » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi folks!

This YouTube channel provides basic tutorial videos for astronomy and astrophotography. The curriculum will cover topics like
x movement of the stars in the sky
x different mount types
x telescopes to choose from
x image acquisition techniques
x post processing
x ... And much more.
Step by step newcomers are guided through the complex topic of astrophotography.

Hi I'm Chris.
I'm a physicist and very interested and enthusiastic about everything above us. I came across astronomy a short while ago and as i went through all the very good tutorial videos, forum discussions and helping websites, I decided to create a "save haven" for beginners. People without time or with no idea where to start digging may here find their "starting-point" for the long journey of astronomy. This basic tutorials can only scratch the surface but shall cover everything a newcomer needs to know to get started. So join me on my ongoing journey!
Clear skies everyone!
Greetings
Chris

I will link every new tutorial video here in this thread. You can give your comments, ideas, corrections, suggestions, clues or hints... Everything from within this fantastic community is welcomed!

So this is the first part of the first episode of the theory-chapter: "what is there to see in the night sky? - solar system objects"
I will cover the objects, that can be seen in the night sky basically ordering then by distance starting witch the objects inside the solar system.

https://youtu.be/GTok_iMSM-0

Greetings
Chris

Gesendet von meinem LG-H870 mit Tapatalk

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Last edited by AstroChris on Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AstroChris
Red Giant

Re: CatchingPhotons - Basic tutorials for astronomy and astr

Postby AstroChris » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:07 pm

AstroChris
Red Giant

Return to TUTORIALS