Beginners: Downloadable Image Data at Light Vortex Astronomy

The base for all our tutorials, be it how to polar align or master astro imaging

Moderators: hawk_eye1975, budgetastro, martin_h

TUTORIALS SECTION

This section is only for the posting of actual tutorials, either single post or multiple, to ask questions or comment on a tutorial, please use the TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS section where you will find a topic titled for each topic posted here, it just helps stop the topics becoming convoluted and lets the tutorials flow properly. If you post a tutorial, please also post a topic into TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS with the same title.

Thanks.

Beginners: Downloadable Image Data at Light Vortex Astronomy

Postby Gib007 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Accessible here: http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/sample-image-data.html

Over the last year or so, I have been asked a few times on forums and by e-mail if I could upload some image data for readers to simply download and practice their post-processing skills on, namely with PixInsight as per my tutorials. In honour of this, I have created a new page called Sample Image Data. This page contains a table at the top, listing various deep space objects that I have imaged a few years ago. The deep space objects are all very different, with broadband and narrowband data spread through them.

The links provided on the table will allow you to download the 32-bit IEEE 754 floating point FITS image file for the respective data for your own use to practice your post-processing skills. For those not wanting to deal with monochrome images, I have provided downloads for Colour RGB images for deep space objects with LRGB data listed. These Colour RGB images are simply colour-combined Red, Green and Blue images that have been prepared as well. To the user, these look as if they have been captured with a One Shot Colour CCD camera or DSLR camera (granted, with less noise!) and thus afford the One Shot Colour post-processing experience some may crave.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Gib007
Protostar

Return to TUTORIALS