New "Introduction to PixInsight and its Interface" Tutorial

The base for all our tutorials, be it how to polar align or master astro imaging

Moderators: hawk_eye1975, budgetastro, martin_h

TUTORIALS SECTION

This section is only for the posting of actual tutorials, either single post or multiple, to ask questions or comment on a tutorial, please use the TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS section where you will find a topic titled for each topic posted here, it just helps stop the topics becoming convoluted and lets the tutorials flow properly. If you post a tutorial, please also post a topic into TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS with the same title.

Thanks.

New "Introduction to PixInsight and its Interface" Tutorial

Postby Gib007 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Read here: http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-introduction-to-pixinsight-and-its-interface.html

Due to my summer holidays off work starting today, I am activating Beast Mode and revamping my PixInsight tutorials on Light Vortex Astronomy. The revamp will address all the shortcomings in my older tutorials by replacing them with more consistent tutorials that teach from the basics all the way up to workflows, with various simple and complex techniques explained in the middle. They are also more up-to-date to both, PixInsight itself and my way of working with images.

I start off with my Basics tutorial on PixInsight, titled "Introduction to PixInsight and its Interface". This is meant to take someone from saying "What is this hellish program and how do even start using it?" to someone who is competent enough to know where stuff is and try stuff out, with the ins and outs of the different features.

This would be considered essential reading for anyone following my new tutorials as this will be assumed knowledge, thus optimising my writing to be more concise and to-the-point. Enjoy!

[EDIT]: Screenshots have been updated to display at their full-resolution as captured. It should be much easier to follow this tutorial and my other current ones now.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Gib007
Protostar

Return to TUTORIALS