Webcam Deep Sky Processing

The base for all our tutorials, be it how to polar align or master astro imaging

Moderators: hawk_eye1975, budgetastro, martin_h

TUTORIALS SECTION

This section is only for the posting of actual tutorials, either single post or multiple, to ask questions or comment on a tutorial, please use the TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS section where you will find a topic titled for each topic posted here, it just helps stop the topics becoming convoluted and lets the tutorials flow properly. If you post a tutorial, please also post a topic into TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS with the same title.

Thanks.

Webcam Deep Sky Processing

Postby Dion » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:08 pm

This is the method I have found to be by far the best for processing those deep sky, long exposure AVI's. Again I'm using a complete step by step method and it's REALLY easy, you've already completed the hard part by capturing the AVI! Bear in mind also that this would probably benefit from a couple of simple things. I'm not going to get into dark frames etc as the aim here is to keep it as simple as possible, but still to attain satisfying results.

The simple things this particular one would benefit from though are :-

Better Tracking. I know my tracking wasn't particularly great on this night, however, bear in mind the following AVI was taken on probably my second night ever at trying LX deep sky!

Better Focus. The focus could have been a tad tighter.

More Frames. As you will see, there's actually not many frames to this when you compare it to say Jupiter AVI's of a thousand frames, having said that, it was a first, so patience was a bit thin.

So, to start with, here's the actual AVI before we start processing :-

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Dion
Site Admin

Re: Webcam Deep Sky Processing

Postby Dion » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:31 pm

Dion
Site Admin

Postby Dion » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:46 am

Dion
Site Admin

Postby Dion » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:52 pm