My PixInsight Workflow Tutorial for HDR LRGB (HaRGB)

The base for all our tutorials, be it how to polar align or master astro imaging

Moderators: hawk_eye1975, budgetastro, martin_h

TUTORIALS SECTION

This section is only for the posting of actual tutorials, either single post or multiple, to ask questions or comment on a tutorial, please use the TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS section where you will find a topic titled for each topic posted here, it just helps stop the topics becoming convoluted and lets the tutorials flow properly. If you post a tutorial, please also post a topic into TUTORIAL DISCUSSIONS with the same title.

Thanks.

My PixInsight Workflow Tutorial for HDR LRGB (HaRGB)

Postby Gib007 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 pm

Read here: http://lightvortexastronomy.blogspot.com/2013/02/tutorial-pixinsight-workflow-for-hdr.html

I posted my most recent tutorial so I thought I'd also post this one, which is the one previous to it. This extensive PixInsight workflow tutorial goes through the entire process of working with monochrome RGB and Hydrogen-Alpha data of the Orion Nebula (M42) of two different exposures to produce a HDR HaRGB image, using a regular LRGB combination process. An RGB image is made out of actual RGB data and after cleaning up, blurring and enhancing, it is combined with a meticulously processed Hydrogen-Alpha image, used for the Luminance channel in the LRGB combination process. The end result is a colour, HaRGB image. This tutorial is however applicable to anyone seeking to produce an LRGB image as the Luminance channel can be occupied by whatever data one prefers to use. In contrast with my other PixInsight workflow tutorial, this one goes through the process of producing a HDR image by combining 60 second and 420 second exposure sets of data. The end result shows clear definition in the four trapezium stars of the Orion Nebula along with revealing lots of faint surrounding nebulosity.

Please note that reading my other (more recent) PixInsight workflow tutorial is also worth-while as I employ different noise-reduction techniques that ultimately may work better with your data. The more you read, the more you know! :)

Discussion: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=15573

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Gib007
Protostar

Return to TUTORIALS