Prism Shoot-Out!

The place to kick back and talk about anything astronomy related that doesn't fit into other categories.

Prism Shoot-Out!

Postby Nightspore » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:07 pm

I decided on a shoot-out with two conventional prism diagonals: a Takahashi TAKSD1 and a Baader Planetarium T-2. The telescope used was an Orion 90mm StarMax Maksutov.

Baader Planetarium Prism Diagonal T-2/90deg and Takahashi TAKSD1

These two prism diagonals were also compared against a third which is a Baader Zeiss Amici (also equipped with a helical focuser).

Baader Zeiss Amici

The target was primarily a setting twilight Venus, although I also intended to view Saturn as it was in conjunction with Venus on the 11th of December. I didn’t have much time before both planets were too low so I primarily used an 18mm Astro Hutech orthoscopic, giving 69x. Venus was very bright and easily seen early on with a 25mm AH orthoscopic. For Venus I also employed a Baader Double Polarising filter.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Last edited by Nightspore on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nightspore
Planetary Nebula

Re: Prism Shoot-Out!

Postby Nightspore » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Last edited by Nightspore on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nightspore
Planetary Nebula

Postby Nightspore » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Nightspore
Planetary Nebula

Postby Nightspore » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Nightspore
Planetary Nebula

Return to ASTRO LOUNGE