Another problem solved

The place to kick back and talk about anything astronomy related that doesn't fit into other categories.

Another problem solved

Postby rwillits » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:48 am

I think that I am the proving grounds for everything cold. It was my SBIG STF 8300 which took over a month to prove that it wouldn't work below -20˚C. They finally found a software error. This time I lost three crystal clear new moon nights because my new Feather Touch focus motor would not only not work below 0˚C (which is not actually cold), it would crash SGPro (which is bullet proof). So! :mexwave: Feather Touch fixed the software and it now appears to be working. The cold hasn't bothered my Orion/SkyWatcher mounts or my old Canon 450D which both the mount and camera have preformed great at colder than -30˚C. Qiu Hongyum from QHYCCD tested the QHY 163 c&m to -30˚C for me before I bought them. They now have that as part of their specs. I guess that I have a unique place in the golden age of astrophotography. :)

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

rwillits
Black Dwarf

Re: Another problem solved

Postby AstroChris » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:05 am

AstroChris
Red Giant

Postby carastro » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:57 am

carastro
Black Dwarf

Postby paraman » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:26 pm