Bino Session

The place to kick back and talk about anything astronomy related that doesn't fit into other categories.

Bino Session

Postby Nightspore » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:43 am

I really couldn't resist observing a setting Moon so I set the *Big Mak up at 20:30 so it could cool nicely.

This is the first real chance to give the 20mm WO eyepieces a good workout. I started off with 75x and a Baader Single Polariser in the diagonal.

I mainly used the WO's but did try the 12mm GSO Plossls briefly.

As it got darker I used the 1.6x and 2x WO Barlows for 120x and 150x. The seeing or transparency weren't good enough for the TS Optics 2.6x Barlow.

I also saw Jupiter right up until transit. I now had a Baader Neodymium filter in the nosepiece. Again, not brilliant as the conditions hadn't greatly improved but I could see the GRS. I also saw a rising Saturn for a short while. So I'm a pretty happy bunny.

*At 127mm it's my biggest Mak, so it's big to me lol.

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Nightspore
Planetary Nebula

Re: Bino Session

Postby Nightspore » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:58 am

Nightspore
Planetary Nebula

Return to ASTRO LOUNGE