sound familiar ?

The place to kick back and talk about anything astronomy related that doesn't fit into other categories.

sound familiar ?

Postby galileo » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:24 am

Ok , got a brand new scope burning a hole to get outside...........

The forecast isn't brilliant, Sat24 is the most promising, other astro forecasts vary from fair to mediocre and it's been sunny all day. It's a first quarter moon and the humidity is adding to the already soaking grass. The forecast from here is even worse for the foreseeable future so let's get set up, Hey, what's there to lose? Let's clutch at those straws. :happydance:

So set up, brand new 115 perfectly polar aligned with new NB filters and ready to go. If I can achieve focus, check the spacing on the reducer, align the rdf and try the PA routine on Sharpcap Pro then I will consider the evening a success, best set your expectations low so you're not disappointed.

So the neighbours cat seems to like strolling up and down the their garden and setting off their new 1 million watt security light :thumbsup:
Next thing I notice a strange mist, it's smoke coming from neighbours wood burner and because the air is still it's just gathering in a layer above me. :happydance:
Can see cloud now encroaching from NW while half way through the Sharp Cap PA routine, it plate solved very quickly but clouded out before I could complete it. This feature looks amazing, does exactly the same as Polemaster without spending 300 quid, it uses your finder / guider or main scope in my case.

So do you now sit there and wait to see if it clears ? The age old dilemma. When |I inspected the scope on packing up, I discovered a nice sooty layer on the lens from the wood burner :thumbsup: So as these seem to be the fashion these days, they could drive imagers out from cities into the countryside just when you thought you'd overcome the LP problem with NB filters :rofl:

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

Last edited by galileo on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
galileo
Black Dwarf

Re: sound familiar ?

Postby ringway9 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:37 am

ringway9
Red Giant

Postby rwillits » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:41 pm

rwillits
Planetary Nebula

Postby galileo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:42 am