Kent, Sussex astro camping

The place for any announcements regarding astro related events, be it star parties or observatory open days.

Kent, Sussex astro camping

Postby carastro » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:58 pm

My local group normally go camping in dark areas of Kent and Sussex on a fairly regular basis. But of late the numbers have dropped off - partly because people have moved away to dark locations and only rarely come to camp, and now if there are only one or two available to go most people cancel as they don't think it is the same with small numbers.

We have failed to encourage any new members to come camping, and so I was wondering whether any-one living in this area might be interested in joining us. Normal red light rules apply, and one camp has B&B about 100 yards away and you can still use the camping field, though we can't always use this site unless we book and pay in advance which most people don't want to do as the weather can be unreliable.

I would like to boost the numbers as sometimes the astro camps are being cancelled just through lack of numbers.

It is a public site so no reason why we should not be joined by non members.

Carole

Hi, you are viewing as a guest, You can only see this first post in this topic. if you sign up you get access to other goodies you can't even see as a guest, including video tutorials on imaging and processing, scope modifications and even member discounts on gear!

So, give us a try, what have you got to lose! Oh, and if you stay, when you reach 50 posts you get access to MORE goodies! What are you waiting for!

carastro
Black Dwarf

Return to ASTRO EVENTS